Most Awesome Foundation chapters have only 10 Trustee slots. Here in Seattle, we want to open participation to more folks, so we have Full-Time Trustees, who have committed to giving $100 each month, and Guest Trustees, who will come in for 1, 2, or 3 months to help us bring the Awesome.
Ellen Chisa, Dean - Loves design, technology, and education. Always up for a great conversation over coffee.
Derek Gaw - Derek likes to make things be they virtual or physical or both. During the day, he’s a software developer passionate about UI and design, and at night he dreams of all the awesome things he could build if only he had more time and tools.
Nikki Lee – Designer, roboticist, occasional artist, and all sorts of things in between. I care about how people interact with technology, and how technology interacts with the world around it.
Hui Li - An AI and robotics researcher. An electronic music DJ. A big fan of awesomeness in general.
Justin Lilly - Justin is a bit flipper and pixel pusher who moved to Seattle in 2011. He digs technology, the outdoors and brief bouts of socialization followed by long periods of eremiticism.
Sean McGuire – Software engineer who has worked at startups and fortune 500 companies. He has a Masters degree in Psychology from CMU, where he made computer models of brains, and then hurt them.
Abraham Passaglia - Software developer. Huge nerd. Preferred flavor of awesome: the science, tech, computer, robots kind. Also likes math. Star Trek > Star Wars.
- Janet Brown - Janet Brown started her arts career in musical theatre but soon realized her talent in business and administration. She has two grown children: a stage manager and a lighting designer, loves to travel and is loving Seattle, her new home.
- Willow Brugh - Willow Brugh is the program director of Geeks Without Bounds, codirector of Space Federation, and cofounder of Jigsaw Renaissance and GameSave. Most of her life revolves around hacker and maker communities doing amazing work.
- Anne Focke - Anne Focke has created both short-lived and lasting enterprises, conversations, and events. She works with words, ideas, and almost always in concert with others. She’s always got new things on her mind (and always has trouble describing what she does).
- Will Fong
- Jacob Sayles
- Niall Smart - Software developer and “product guy”. Interested in technology, startups, and anything else categorically awesome.
- Sharon Griggins
- Nathaniel James, Founding Dean - Social innovation consultant serving the philanthropic, social enterprise and non-profit sectors. Nerdy for technology, media and the arts. Community builder.
- Heather Miller – A Native American, philanthropist and lover of community change. I spend most of my time at my day job working in the “traditional” philanthropic world.